Whether you’re pitching a new product or service or reporting on the progress of an existing project, you could use a PowerPoint timeline to showcase important dates and milestones. PowerPoint timelines are a great way to visually illustrate time, but they can be time-consuming to create.
20+ Best Free PowerPoint Timeline and Roadmap Templates
Fortunately, there are many PowerPoint timeline templates that you can easily customize with your own information to create a PowerPoint timeline slide. The best PowerPoint timeline templates are professionally designed, but if money is tight you can download a timeline PowerPoint template free.
In this article, I share some great premium templates for PowerPoint timelines. I’ll also share over 20 PowerPoint timeline templates you can download for free.
Use a Premium Presentation Template?
You may be wondering why I’m writing about premium presentation templates in an article on how to get PowerPoint timeline templates free. The answer is simple.
Premium templates are quick way to get great-looking presentations. If you’ve ever tried to design a PowerPoint slide yourself, you know that it can be time-consuming. And unless you’re a professional designer, the results may not be quite what you hoped for. With a premium template, you’ll get professional results. Plus, when you take into consideration the time you’ll be saving and the number of options available, premium templates are quite reasonably priced.
At ThemeKeeper, we offer two options for premium presentation templates. Our first option, ThemeKeeper Elements, is the best if you create presentations often. For a low monthly fee, you’ll receive unlimited access to hundreds of professionally-designed presentation templates. Plus, you’ll get access to other helpful assets such as our WordPress themes and our premium Tuts+ courses.
If you just need a single premium presentation template, don’t worry. We’ve got an option for that too. Simply pay for a one-time presentation template download from GraphicRiver to get all the benefits of using a premium template.
Let’s go ahead and look at some premium template examples so you can see what I’m talking about.
Timeline and Roadmap PowerPoint Templates (Premium)
Here’s a selection of some of our best premium PowerPoint timeline and roadmap templates:
Whatever type of PowerPoint timeline you need, you’ll find a template for it in this pack with 50 unique slides. Choose from between 3-D graphic timeline templates and more traditional types of PowerPoint timelines. This retina-ready template is simple to customize. Simply type in your own information and you’re ready to go.
The PowerPoint Roadmap Template offers two presentation file sizes (4:3 and
16:9). The download includes icons. It’s easy to edit these professionally-designed PowerPoint roadmap slide templates to add your own information and details. Plus, you can easily replace the image placeholders with your own images.
The Timeline PowerPoint Template is ideal for marketing and business presentations. It comes with seven pre-made color schemes. Choose between 30 different slide designs. This retina-ready template is available in three common aspect ratios: 16:9 HD, 16:10, and 4:3. You’ll get .ppt templates and .xml files with your download.
Here’s an attractive PowerPoint template that’s just full of PowerPoint roadmap templates for your product development presentations. This highly editable template makes it easy to create good-looking product roadmaps. Type in your own text details and replace the image placeholders with your own photos and images to create a top-notch presentation.
With its brightly colored, modern design, you’ll capture your audience’s attention with the Rubick Presentation template. Plus, it’s full of features. Here’s just some of what you’ll get from this eye-catching template:
- Over 100 different slides
for both PowerPoint and Keynote
charts and infographics
Although this template was designed for business pitches, you’ll find that it also includes a professionally designed product roadmap slide template. This template includes both the 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios. Plus, it’s easy to customize and make it your own. In addition to the roadmap template, you’ll also find many other attractive slide templates for your slideshow.
This general-purpose business PowerPoint template has some great easy-to-use timeline slide templates. Choose between dark and light theme variations and 50 different slide designs including screen mockups for tablets and smart phones. Create the presentation you need by quickly adding your own text and images.
Customers love this versatile PowerPoint timeline presentation template. And with 83 unique slide designs and 10 color schemes to choose from, it’s no wonder this template is so popular. Here’s just some of what our customers have to say:
“The quality of the material is amazing. Recommended to all the one who
needs to prepare professional and stunning presentations!”
“Absolutely love these PowerPoint templates. Really flexible and of fantastic
quality. Love them so much I’ve purchased two more from the vendor. Thanks for
all your hard work. It has saved me masses of time!”
Give your presentation a fresh look with this gorgeous presentation template. There are eleven color variations of this template and it’s got 150 different slides to choose from. Plus, there’s animation and transitions with this template to help you engage your audience. This easy-to-use PowerPoint template comes with PDF documentation.
The Timeline Success PowerPoint Presentation Template comes packed with great features to help your presentation succeed. Here’s just some of what you’ll get when you choose this template:
different color schemes
Free Roadmap and Timeline PowerPoint Templates
Getting a PowerPoint timeline template or PowerPoint roadmap template free might seem like a good idea. But, free presentation templates are often not as full-featured as premium templates.
For many free templates, “what you see is what you get.” They may not include support or documentation. So, there’s no one to turn to if things go wrong. And remember, many people are looking for free templates to use—so it’s possible that many others will pick the exact same free template that you use. Your presentation may wind up looking just like everyone else’s, when you were hoping it would stand out.
Still, I know that many startups, students, and other small business don’t have a budget for a premium template. If that’s the case, there are plenty of free PowerPoint timeline templates available.
Sources for the best free PowerPoint timeline template downloads on this list include:
Here’s your list of free roadmap and timeline templates for PowerPoint:
1. Serpentine Timeline for PowerPoint. You can edit this colorful timeline diagram that resembles a winding road. The timeline can be used horizontally, vertically, or reversed for a different look.
This timeline template from Microsoft Office features a blue background with horizontal chevrons where you add details. The aspect ratio for this PowerPoint template is 16:9.
3. Spheres Timeline PPT Diagrams. This timeline slide template comes with a light and dark version. In this template each milestone is represented by a sphere. Available for widescreen (16:9) and standard (4:3) aspect ratio.
4. Timeline 4 Years PowerPoint Template. This timeline is pre-designed with four time slots, making it great for four-year plans, or any timeline that needs to show progression over four time periods.
5. Simple Timeline PowerPoint Diagram. This seven-level linear timeline shows milestones as colorful circles. It comes with a light and dark version. You can change the color scheme if you want to.
6. Berlin Theme. This interesting PowerPoint timeline theme from Microsoft shows the milestones as flags against a green background. This template is available in a 16:9 aspect ratio.
This linear timeline diagram features six milestone placeholders along a horizontal arrow. The template comes with a light and dark version and is available in both 16:9 and 4:30 aspect ratios.
8. 3D Timeline Template for PowerPoint with Arrow. On this timeline your milestones are represented by spheres along an upward sloping arrow. The design is in 3D to give the elements added depth.
9. Milestone Shapes & Timeline for PowerPoint. With this time template design your milestones are shown as traffic cone shapes along a roadway. The endpoint (goal) is a round sphere.
10. PowerPoint Timeline Template. This free PowerPoint template is fully editable. It features colorful milestones against a gray background depicted along a linear timeline.
11. Five Data Points Timeline. This flat design timeline slide from Microsoft Office features five round colored milestone markers along a horizontal curved pathway.
12. Project Timeline PPT Diagrams. This timeline chart resembles a calendar week in a planner. With this download you get two background and two internal slides. Available for widescreen (16:9) and standard (4:3) aspect ratios.
The Road to Success PowerPoint Template uses the illustration of a road to denote progress. The red yield-sign shapes represent fails, while success is pictured as a green sphere.
14. Roll Film Timeline for PowerPoint. In this PowerPoint timeline template, time is shown as a strip of film with seven frames. Each frame in the film strip is milestone. Edit the text to add your own details.
15. Infographic Timeline. This horizontal timeline from Microsoft Office uses infographics to depict the timeline milestones. Use as is or change the colors and add text to customize it.
16. Free Agenda PPT Diagrams. This PowerPoint slide design can be used as a vertical timeline with five points. It comes in a light or dark version and is available for widescreen (16:9) or standard (4:3) aspect ratio.
17. Creative Timeline PowerPoint Template. Here’s a colorful horizontal timeline PowerPoint template that comes with three different slide layouts. There are slots for four milestones, or levels in this design.
18. Bomb PowerPoint Template. This free PowerPoint template comes in several different layouts. Use the bomb illustrations to represent milestones on your timeline or other crucial points.
This horizontal PowerPoint timeline slide design has a growth theme, which is shown by trees on the slide. This PowerPoint timeline template is available in both a light and dark version.
20. Timeline SmartArt Diagram Slide. This horizontal timeline from Microsoft Office uses the illustration of colored circles along an arrow to show the passage of time. Add your own tasks or goals.
21. Simple Table Timeline PowerPoint Diagram Template. This PowerPoint timeline slide includes a horizontal timeline with a table beneath it where you can provide additional details.
More About PowerPoint Templates
I’ve just provided you with some great resources that’ll help you to create PowerPoint timelines and roadmaps using a template. To learn more about using PowerPoint, study these tutorials:
Microsoft PowerPointHow to Make Professional PowerPoint Presentations (With Templates)Andrew Childress
Microsoft PowerPointHow to Quickly Customize a PowerPoint Template DesignAndrew Childress
Microsoft PowerPointHow to Make a Timeline in PowerPoint With TemplatesAndrew Childress
Learn More About Presentations
Now that you’ve discovered where to find PowerPoint timeline and roadmap templates, you’re ready to start creating your presentation. You’ll want to take care to make sure that your presentation is the very best it can be. The right templates are just the first step in making sure that your presentation makes a good impression.
Another way to improve your presentation is to learn more about how to make a good presentation. To do that, you can grab our new eBook: The Complete Guide to Making Great Presentations. It’s available to download for free with a subscription to the Tuts+ Business Newsletter.
PowerPoint Timelines and Roadmaps
Although you may be convinced that getting PowerPoint timeline template for free is what you need, don’t overlook the benefits of using a premium PowerPoint timeline template such as those available through ThemeKeeper Elements and GraphicRiver. Using premium PowerPoint templates means you’re basing your presentation on professionally designed templates that not everyone has access to. Plus, you’ll be able to put together a professional presentation more quickly.
Good luck on your presentation!