Stachethemes Event Calendar – WordPress Events Calendar Plugin
Current Version – 2.4.8 – 29 January, 2019
What is Stachethemes Event Calendar?
With Stachethemes Event Calendar WordPress plugin you can include all kind of information about your event like introduction section with detailed information including photo gallery, even schedule, guest list, location map with directions, weather forecast, merchandise and even comment section!
Add Custom Icon with PNG
Add Date Instead of Icon
Add Image Instead of Icon
Add New Icons from Font Awesome
New Icon Interface
Event Coming Soon Page
Show/Hide Category Tags
E-Mail Event Sharing
Box Grid View
Create Event Single Pages
Create Single Day Events
Create Multiple Day Events
Create All Day Events
Create Events that hold more than one day
Create Never ending events
Open Events in the Calendar or in Single Page
Set Featured Event
Show Only Featured Events
Allow users to submit events from the front-end
Review and Approve the Submitted Events
Set a certain date for event to end
iCalendar RRULE Support
Finish an event after certain repeats
Unlimited number of events per day
Unlimited number of event calendars
Add Multiple Images to the event
Re-Arrange the images in event description
Filter Events by Location
Filter Events by Category
Filter Events by Organizer
Option to enter keywords to event to show on calendar search result
Search Events by date, name or keywords
Add Location Map
Advanced Event Locations system
Google Maps Location Direction
Multiple map styles for Google Maps
Add Event Countdown Timer
Export to Google Calendar
Import, Export and Sync .ical files
Export all events from the WordPress Back-end
Enable/Disable the Event Tooltip
Attach files to your users to download from the event
Ability to hide past events in shortcodes
Change the number of the columns in grid view
Create Detailed Schedule
Create Detailed Event Guests list
Add Weather Forecast section
Facebook Comments Section
Disqus Comments Section
Create Embed Events
Create Merchandise section
Set E-Mail Reminder
Customize Reminder e-mail content
Customize Invitation e-mail content
Show/Hide Search Button
Show/Hide Social Icons and Export options
Show/Hide Filter Button
Show/Hide View Buttons
Show/Hide Time Zone
Enable/Disable Remind feature
Show/Hide Top Navigation
Change Date Format: YY-MM-DD, DD-MM-YY or MM-DD-YY
Change First day of the week: Monday, Saturday or Sunday
Change Time Format: 12 or 24 hours
Change the Default view: Agenda, Month, Week, Day, Grid, Box Grid or Map
Change Events visibility from Public to Private
Change Weather degrees from Celsius to Fahrenheit
Change Weather wind from Mph to Kph
WPBakery Page Builder support (Formerly Visual Composer)
Share Events on Social Networks
Create Daily Events
Create Weekly Events
Create Monthly Events
Create Yearly Events
Repeat Events on Weekdays and Weekends
Set Custom Intervals for Events
Option to put gap between repeats
Box Grid View
Select Custom Colors
Select Custom Fonts
Change Layout Colors
Add Custom CSS Code
Powered by WooCommerce
Enable and Disable the booking feature
Create different kind of tickets
Create free tickets >
Create certain fees for each ticket
Set a limit for certain tickets
Set a limit on total bookings
Add custom fields to booking form
Coupons and Discount System
Notification for the customer
Notification for admin
Verification to customer
Confirmation by admin to customer
CSV export option
Global Tax/Fee system
Powered by WooCommercePay with: PayPal, Stripe, Amazon Pay, PayFast, Square, Checks, Bank Transfers or On Delivery
Font Awesome Icons
WP Bakery Page Builder (Formerly Visual Composer)
Custom Functions Using WordPress Actions API
Filter Plugin Options Using WordPress Filtering System
Create Custom Tabs
How to use it
This is quick user guide for more detailed information please visit the plugin documentation bellow.
Keeping your WordPress up to date will minimize the problems you may experience.
Browsers: IE10, IE11, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome, Edge
Scripts: PHP 5.3, jQuery 1.12.3+
Compatible with: WooCommerce 3+, Visual Composer 4.8.x WordPress version: WordPress 4.3 and above
To install Stachethemes Event Calendar go to your Dashboard Plugins click Add New and Upload Plugin.
Click Browse, pick the Event Calendar archive and Click Install Now.
After installation click Active plugin and a new menu should appear named St. Event Calendar.
Installation Video Demo here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX45rufCGJg
How to update the calendar to a newer version?
Version 2.0 or newer
1) Go to Dashboard St. Event Calendar Updates.
2) Click Check for updates.
3) If new update is available a blue button Download & Install will appear.
Version 1.7.2 and below
Steps to update manually:
1) First BACKUP the calendar folder ( wp-content/plugins/stachethemes_event_calendar ) !
2) De-active the plugin ( Do not uninstall or you will lose your events ).
3) Copy the new files to wp-content/plugins/stachethemes_event_calendar and overwrite if asked.
4) Re-activate the plugin.
STEPS (2) AND (4) ARE VERY IMPORTANT OTHERWISE YOUR SQL DATABASE WON’T UPDATE!
As of version 1.4 the plugin requires activation.
To activate the plugin go to Dashboard St. Event Calendar License and paste your purchase code and click activate.
Obtaining API Keys
To obtain free API KEY register at https://developer.forecast.io/register
To obtain Disqus Shortname register at https://disqus.com/profile/signup/
To mange your Google reCAPTCHA API Keys got to https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin#list
Displaying the plugin on the front-end
cal - include only following calendars. Example: [stachethemes_ec cal=1,2,3] where 1,2,3 are calendar ids
view - sets default view. Example [stachethemes_ec view="month"] Values are agenda, month, week, day
show_views - show/hide top menu views buttons. Example [stachethemes_ec show_views=0] Values are 1 or 0.
show_top - show/hide top menu. Example [stachethemes_ec show_top=0] Values are 1 or 0.
agenda_cal_display - show/hide agenda calendar slider from agenda view. Example [stachethemes_ec agenda_cal_display=0] Values are 1 or 0.
agenda_get_n - number of events to show in agenda view per "look for more" click. Example [stachethemes_ec agenda_get_n=5]
So for displaying upcoming events you can use something like following:
[stachethemes_ec view="agenda" show_top=0 agenda_cal_display=0 cal=1]
This will display the agenda accordion only with upcoming events from calendar with id 1
Show only today events from calendars 2,3 example:
[stachethemes_ec view="day" show_top=0 cal=2,3]
With update 2.3.7:
[stachethemes_ec cat=1,2,3] [stachethemes_ec cat=1]
Where 1,2,3 are category id numbers
start_date – Calendar date on initial load. Defaults to “now”
[stachethemes_ec min_date=2018-01-01 max_date=2018-12-31]
min_date, max_date values: date in YYYY-MM-DD format, “next_week”, “this_week”, “next_month”, “this_month”
From Dashboard go to Pages or Posts
Add New Page or Post, fill desired Post/Page title and inside the Post/Page content write [stachethemes_ec].
Click Publish. This page will display the calendar when visited. You can place the shortcode in any existing Page or Post as well.
If you are uncomfortable writing shortcodes the plugin supports WPBakery Page Builder (formerly Visual Composer) as well.
To create a calendar category go to your Dashboard then St. Event Calendar and click Calendars from the menu. Fill Calendar Name, Color, Timezone and Visibility (public or private) and click on Create Calendar button. A new calendar should appear under List with your created calendars.
To create an event go to your Dashboard go to St. Event Calendar and click Events from the menu.
Select Calendar from the list or create one if you haven’t created one yet.
Click on Add Event button.
Fill desired event details and click Add Event.
Keep in mind that most event tabs are optional. You can fill all the tabs before clicking on the “Add Event” button.
Creating Tickets for Booking
From your Dashboard go to St. Event Calendar menu and select Tickets. Click Create Ticket and fill the information in the form. When you are done press Create Ticket button bellow.
To add the ticket to your event simply go to Events and open your event or create new one. Go to Booking tab and select the ticket from the menu. You can add as many tickets as you want.
You can watch demonstration video here.
Adding items with WooCommerce
1. Go to Events.
2. Select Calendar.
3. Click Add Event or Edit Event.
4. Click on WooCommerce tab
5. From the dropdown select the WooCommerce product you want to add to the product.
6. Click Add to Event
All of the products logic is handled by WooCommerce itself. We are simply linking the product to the event. You don’t write prices etc. through our plugin. When you are creating an event there is a new tab WooCommerce with list of all products you have.
You can select product(s) from the list and click Add to Event.
On the front-end if the event has linked products, the calendar will pull from WooCommerce the product details along with buy button, short description, prices etc. On clicking the buy button the plugin sends ajax request to WooCommerce plugin and then refreshes the Cart on success.
Creating Coming Soon Page
To create Event Coming Soon Page first you need to know you event ID number. Go to St. Event Calendar Events and find the Event you want to display in Coming Soon page and see what ID number is.
Now when you know the Event ID number go to Dashboard and Create New Page. Enter the Title you want and in the text area below enter the id number of the event, nothing else. When this is done in the Page Attributes Templates select St. Event Calendar Coming Soon Page.
Your page is now ready to be published. You can watch video demonstration here.
29.01.2019 Version 2.4.8
- Event categories are now sorted alphabetically.
26.01.2019 Version 2.4.7
- Fixed notice message when duplicating event- - Fixed issues with $_SESSIONS - Added new values to shortcode attributes start_date min_date and end_date: prev_month this_month next_month prev_week this_week next_week
- Added missing if ( !function_exists( 'register_block_type' ) ) ... to allow plugin to work without Gutenberg.
12.12.2018 Version 2.4.6
- Added Gutenberg Support
16.11.2018 Version 2.4.5
- Bug fix where reminder was not working - Fix in DD.MM.YYYY date format - window.window.moment changed to window.moment in js
11.11.2018 Version 2.4.4
- Added missing translation strings for the reminder - Added new filter 'stec_before_import_event' - Bug fix where maps event icon was not clickable on mobile - Bug fix where the calendar was causing wordpress plugin/theme code editor to freeze.
02.11.2018 Version 2.4.3
- New reminder form with optional double-opt in feature and google captcha. - Bug fix in submit an event front-end form where the submit button was not working. - Bug fix in the single page where sometimes the end date month was not correct. - Bug fix in single page schedule tab where schedule time was not being displayed. - Bug fix where month name was not translated in single pages and in the event icon box if icon type is set to "date". - Bug fix in the updater where manual update was returning fatal error.
09.10.2018 Version 2.4.2
- Added "Event start date" to the ticket info. - Added pagination in admin events list section. - Bug fix in import where event is imported with wrong time. - Bug fix where some Fonts & Colors settings were not applied properly.
20.09.2018 Version 2.4.1
- Bug fix where Shop and Forecast tabs borders colors were not affected by Fonts & Colors styles. - Bug fix where Event Symbol type was not working in Single pages. - Bug fix where Booking button Fonts & Colors font-weight setting was not working. - Bug fix where Tooltip and Event Preview section was not showing event end date. - Bug fix in Import function some events are imported with wrong date / time.